I saw a meme the other day that had a list of things that British people can’t believe, including how dark it is, how cold it is and most importantly that it’s nearly Christmas. I have to say that I have said that I can’t believe all of those things at least once in the past week (probably more!). Despite the fact that these changes happen every year, I never cease to be amazed or surprised by them. For those of us who follow the church calendar there is another one to add to the list - I can’t believe it’s the end of another year!
On Sunday we celebrated the feast of Christ the King where we think about the end of the story where Jesus is victorious on his throne, his kingdom has come in all its fullness and all of creation is restored to a right relationship with God. This is officially the end of the church year - talk about going out on a high! This Sunday we start all over again, we begin with in Advent where we begin to look forward with anticipation to the coming of the Messiah, God’s chosen one, Jesus Christ. As a church, we have got lots of things coming up to help us to prepare:
- Friday 6th December - Medlock Primary School will be in church exploring the Christmas story at Experience Christmas.
- Saturday 7th December 2:30pm - Time to get into the Christmas spirit together with this year’s festive film: The Grinch.
- Sunday 15th December 5pm - Carol Service with traditional readings, carols and fun.
- Tuesday 17th December 1pm - Positive Steps Christmas Meal - yum yum!
- Sunday 22nd December 10:45am - Christingle (come and find out all about God’s hope for the world in a yummy and creative way!)
- Wednesday 25th December 10:45am - Merry Christmas!! Come and celebrate the newborn king!
Looking forward to celebrating with you all.