Keep in touch
Keep the faith
- Mark this time as one set aside for God by focusing on your breathing.
- Count to 5 as you breathe in, hold your breath for another 5, and then exhale slowly again counting to 5.
- You might want to think about the things you want to receive from God: holding a word in your mind as you breathe in, and equally share with Him a word concerning something particular that you want to hand over and leave with Him (perhaps a worry, care, concern or failing) when you breathe out.
After this the Lord appointed seventy others and sent them on ahead of him in pairs to every town and place where he himself intended to go. He said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest. Go on your way. See, I am sending you out like lambs into the midst of wolves. Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and greet no one on the road. Whatever house you enter, first say, “Peace to this house!” And if anyone is there who shares in peace, your peace will rest on that person; but if not, it will return to you. Remain in the same house, eating and drinking whatever they provide, for the labourer deserves to be paid. Do not move about from house to house. Whenever you enter a town and its people welcome you, eat what is set before you; cure the sick who are there, and say to them, “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” But whenever you enter a town and they do not welcome you, go out into its streets and say, “Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet, we wipe off in protest against you. Yet know this: the kingdom of God has come near. ”I tell you, on that day it will be more tolerable for Sodom than for that town.
- How do you respond to the idea of travelling light when sharing the good news?
- When did you last pass on God’s peace to others?
“Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.” George Herbert
Church family: Henry Phillips Meseret Resoum
Pray for your neighbours, both known and unknown to you.
Pray for opportunities to share your love for Jesus today.
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy.
Sustain and support the anxious,
be with those who care for the sick,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may find comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.